AW-Energy’s WaveRoller - proven quality in wave energy
Independent advisory DNV GL has validated that WaveRoller® harnesses the energy of oceans.
- WaveRoller® panel moves back and forth in depths of about 12 meters.
- The Panel feeds a state-of-the-art Power Take Off system which turns a generator.
- Electricity enters the onshore grid through a subsea cable.
- WaveRoller® wave farms can contribute to the electricity generation of energy companies.
- Wave farms can be built in the scale of +100 MW – comparable to utility scale power plants.
- Suitable for isolated islands that rely on diesel generators as a source of electricity.
WaveRoller® – the world-leading nearshore wave energy technology
WaveRoller® is the cutting-edge technology for generating electricity from ocean waves. Operated in the nearshore area, WaveRoller® stands out from other wave energy solutions.
The nearshore energy resources are comparable to those in offshore area, yet the risk of damage to the device due to heavy storms is considerably smaller. Mooring and cabling are less expensive and transmission losses are lower. The submerged WaveRoller® -device has a minimal visual impact, which makes it attractive for areas with natural values or tourism.
Energy- and utility-companies, local governments and municipalities, defence forces, mining companies and investors looking to broaden their renewables portfolio.
Any region with coastlines exposed to open ocean.
R&D budget: EUR 10 million
Turnover: EUR 500K