Team Finland delegation with Minister Tiilikainen to Kenya in May
Team Finland visit to Kenya on May 24–26, 2016
Kimmo Tiilikainen, Minister of Agriculture and the Environment of Finland will visit Nairobi, Kenya with a Team Finland Business Delegation on May 24 –26, 2016.
Finpro is inviting Finnish companies to join the Business Delegation in connection with this visit from the following industry sectors:
• Forestry; from logging to final refinement
• Forest machinery
• Education related to forestry
• Water & wastewater.
Kenya is the most developed economy in Eastern Africa. The most recent World Bank Group economic update for Kenya projects that the country's economy will grow at 5.4% in 2015, rising to 5.7% in 2016. The growth curve has been steady and if the positive trend continues, Kenya is projected to be the first East African country to move from low-income status to middle-income status. The most recent Kenya Economic Update attributes the growth to the government investments in infrastructure, including railways, roads and energy, and strong consumer demand.
This delegation is connected to Municipal water infrastructure in Kenya business opportunity.
Please read more about Kenya and the focus sectors: WHY KENYA.
For more information on the visit and the business opportunities in Kenya, please contact:
- Ms. Kirsti Tarvainen, Manager, +358 40 34 33 434
- Mr. Tomas Jakobsson, Commercial Counsellor, Finpro Nairobi, + 254 712 392 044
- Mr. Jyrki Mantere, Program Manager, Forest sector, +358 46 9229 751
- Mr. Jussi Vanhanen, Program Director, Water sector, +358 504 683 868
- Ms. Linda Nieminen, Project Coordinator, +358 400 325 546